According to me these two questions will be on your mind right now?
1. Why is the color of your neck darker than your face?
2. Is this possible to remove blackness from the neck at home?
There can be many reasons for dark or black skin around the neck – like excessive sun exposure, poor hygiene, pollution, obesity, chronic illness, and skin sagging. We do a lot to enhance the beauty of our face but what about our neck. Normally, we pamper our face more than our neck. And due to this negligence, it becomes dull, dark, and dry.
Our neck also faces the same pollution and dirt, sun exposure, and all the problems as our face. Just cleaning the neck while bathing isn’t enough. It also demands to scrub and moisturizing to look beautiful every day. Let’s start taking care of the neck too and in this article, I will talk about some kitchen-friendly ingredients that can help to lighten the blackness from the neck. Here are the homemade remedies for dark neck.
1. Baking Soda For Dark Neck
Baking soda is a safe ingredient that can help to remove dead skin cells and dirt from the neck skin. It also nourishes your skin well.
- 2 tbsp baking soda
1. In a mixing bowl, take baking soda and add water to make a smooth paste.
2. Apply this paste on your neck and leave it to dry.
3. After drying well, scrub it lightly with wet fingers and wash it off with fresh water.
4. Don’t forget to moisturize the neck after drying it.
5. Repeat this baking soda dark neck remedy every day for good and fast results.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar For Dark Neck
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties and it’s high acidity level helps to balance the skin’s natural pH.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of water
- A cotton ball
1. Mix well ACV and water together.
2. Apply this solution on your neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse it with plain water and apply moisturizer.
4. To remove blackness from neck skin repeat this 2-3 times a week.
It is important to apply moisturizer after this process because the skin becomes dry with apple cider vinegar.
Always mix apple cider vinegar with water before use. And do a spot test to see if you are getting irritation from it. Wash immediately if you feel the burns or irritation on the skin using it.
3. Almond Oil For Dark Neck
Almond oil is rich in nutrients like vitamin A, E, Omega fatty acids, and zinc. These nutrients help in the production of new skin cells, reduce UV damage to the skin, prevent premature aging, and scars. This nutty oil works as a mild bleaching agent that benefit in improving skin complexion.
- Few drops of almond oil
1. First of all, wash your neck with mild soap and water. Pat it dry.
2. Now take a few drops of almond oil on your palm, and start massaging the neck in circular motions.
3. Continue this massage for 10-15 minutes.
4. Use lukewarm water to rinse the oil or you can just use a cotton ball or clean cloth to wipe off the oil.
5. It is so easy to do that you can do it every day.
You can also massage your neck with coconut oil if you don’t have almond oil at home.
4. Aloe Vera For Dark Neck
Aloe Vera is known as a natural moisturizer. Its translucent sap is beneficial for all types of skin whether it is oily, dry, or sensitive. Let’s see how to use it to remove blackness from neck.
- An aloe vera leaf
1. Take an aloe vera leaf and scoop out its all gel.
2. Now start massaging the neck with gel for a few minutes.
3. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
4. Do this daily for quick results.
5. Lemon For Dark Neck
Lemon juice is commonly known for skin lightening treatments. Because of its powerful antioxidant properties, it is very effective for treating dark skin.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp curd
1. After mixing both ingredients, put it on your neck.
2. Leave to dry.
3. Rinse with water after 20 minutes.
4. This pack can be applied daily to the neck.
Many ingredients can be used with lemon juice for neck whitening. You can use lemon and honey, lemon and olive oil, lemon and sugar scrub, lemon and aloe vera, lemon and cucumber, lemon, and milk. These dark neck home remedies will definitely give you benefits.
6. Potato For Dark Neck
It is such an ingredient that is available in every house. You know potato juice can help to brighten the skin and lighten the dark spots. This is the easiest way to make your skin tone even. Are you keen to try potatoes for a dark neck?
- One small potato
- A cotton ball
1. Grate the potato and squeeze all the juice.
2. Now apply the juice on your neck with a cotton ball.
3. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off thoroughly.
4. It can also be applied twice a day.
7. Luxurious Ubtan For Dark Neck
This remedy has been used since old times for glowing complexion. I love using this as a full-body scrub. This natural ubtan (mask) filled with loads of goodness. When you put it on the dark neck it will give you amazing results. You must try it.
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon cream (malai)
- Few drops almond oil
1. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl to form a smooth paste.
2. Do a little patch test before using this on your body.
3. Now apply this on your neck and leave for 15 minutes.
4. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
5. Use this once a week.
The ingredients of this traditional haldi ubtan are helpful to remove dead and dry skin cells, make your skin smooth and bright.
1. Do a patch test on your hand before applying any pack on your skin. In this way, you will know if you are allergic to these ingredients. Wash if you feel any kind of irritation.
2. Secure your hair before applying lightening packs on your neck.
3. Clean the neck with antibacterial soap daily and also moisturize your neck well.
4. Make sure to apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
5. Minimize sun exposure by wearing a wide-brimmed hat during the summer. You can also carry an umbrella for sun protection.
6. Always practice a good posture to avoid wrinkles, fine lines, and extra flab on the neck.
In this article, I have discussed the best homemade remedies to remove blackness from neck. These remedies are quite helpful in cleaning dark neck, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone. If you don’t get any benefit after doing all this, then seek the advice of a dermatologist.
Love Yourself ❤️