Now you don’t need to go to the salon every time for beautiful feet. You can do a salon-style pedicure from the comfort of your home. If you will follow these steps of a DIY pedicure at home, then with saving money and time, you will get good-looking and super soft feet at home.
What Do You Need For A Pedicure?
• Nail polish remover
• Cotton pads
• Shower gel or shampoo
• Pumice stone
• Foot Scrub or face scrub
• Cuticle nail pusher
• Oil or cream for cuticle softening
• Toenail clipper (nail cutter)
• Fingernail file
• Nail paint
• A tub of warm water
Once you have prepared the things, you are ready to do your own easy pedicure at home. Let’s begin the DIY pedicure at home step by step.
Step 1: Prep Your Nails
1. Firstly, if there is any nail polish on your toenails, then remove it with the nail polish remover and cotton pad. Try to use good quality vitamin E enriched nail polish remover.
Step 2: Soak Your Feet
This is the most relaxing and my favorite part of this DIY Pedicure. Keeping the feet in nice and hot water for 15 minutes daily improves mood, eliminates the tiredness of feet, and gives you ultimate relaxation. You can do this little thing to give comfort to your hard-working feet.
1. Fill up warm water up to your ankles in a bucket or tub. The water should not be the burning hot. You can dip your toes in the water to check the temperature.
2. Now add a little shower gel or shampoo into the water to clean feet. If you have any essential oil available at home then add 3-4 drops of that in water. Adding essential oil to your at-home pedicure procedure can calm and nourish your feet after a stressful day. For example, using a lavender, peppermint, tea tree, rosemary oil can help to relieve the pain and pressure you are feeling.
3. Sit back comfortably for 15 minutes after dipping your feet. Meanwhile, whether you can read a book or listen to music or talk on the phone. The choice is yours.
4. Dry your feet with a towel after 15 minutes.
Step 3: Scrub Your Feet
1. It is time to remove the dead skin and calluses with a pumice stone. Gently use the pumice stone in circular motions to remove dry skin from feet. You can also use a foot file to do this. Just be a little gentle while removing the hard skin. If the dead skin too hard and difficult to remove, then don’t rub it too much to get out at first because it can hurt your feet. In short, do this next day at bath time.
2. Secondly, take little foot scrub or face scrub to exfoliate your feet. This step is really helpful, if you have tanned feet and also it will remove remaining dry and dead skin. Do a massage in a circular motion on your heels, soles, ankles, toes, and everywhere. Continue this at least 5 minutes.
3. Now put your feet back in the water and rinse off the scrub. When the scrub is completely gone, dry your feet with a towel.
Step 4: Cuticle Care & Trim Toenails
1. This step is important to grow healthy nails. To perform this step you need cuticle stick and cuticle softening cream or oil. Simply apply oil or cream on the base of your toenails. Now push back the dead skin very carefully with a cuticle tool. Never cut your cuticles because it may risk severe infection. In other words, it can hurt you a lot.
2. Then trim your nails with nail cutter to your desired length but don’t cut corners too deep.
3. Now file the nails according to the shape of your choice. I personally always go for square shape with rounded edges.
Step 5: Massage Feet
1. Now you must have noticed how clean and fresh your feet are. For soft beautiful feet, now you have to moisturize them. Massage your feet with your favorite moisturizer or foot cream for 10 minutes.
You can even do massage with almond or olive oil. Massaging is the best way to pamper your feet. Above all, after a tiring day a foot massage is a soothing way to relax and improve the blood circulation.
Step 6: Paint Your Nails
1. Before applying nail paint, clean the moisturizer or oil from your nails with a cotton ball.
2. After that you can paint your nails with your favorite shade. Apply a transparent nail polish as a base coat first and let it dry completely.
3. After that, apply a coat of your favorite color and after it dries, apply another coat.
4. Be patient and let the nail polish dry naturally. It will take 10-15 minutes.
Bonus Tips For DIY Pedicure At Home
1. Always use good quality nail paint to enhance the beauty of your nails. It is not necessary to apply nail paint all the time. You can also leave your nails without nail polish because it will allow the nails to breathe.
2. If you don’t have a cuticle stick then use a nail file to push them back so the nail polish doesn’t get on them. Most importantly, use the nail file very carefully.
3. You can also skip the base coat, if you don’t have one.
4. You can also scrub your feet with pumice stone 2-3 times a week while bathing.
5. The best way to keep feet soft is to wash them well at night before sleeping, after that massage them with moisturizer. This is how you can soften feet overnight.
6. If you have cracked heels then apply Vaseline jelly on your feet overnight and also cover them with loose socks. Repeat this step every night and you will notice the huge difference in the way your feet look.
7. Most importantly, if you see any kind of infection, consult your doctor.
And here completes your salon style DIY pedicure at home. See how easy it was and you got the fabulous looking feet at home without spending extra money. Now you know how a pedicure can be done by staying at home. Try and share your experience with us.
Love Yourself ❤️