Are you bored with your hair color? So let’s do something interesting today. Why not dye the hair tips while sitting at home? This is the latest color trend for hair. If you do not want to go to the salon, then this is your guide for how to dye tips of hair at home.
Choose Your Products
1. Purchase Hair Color
Before starting a process, first of all, choose and buy the color of your choice. If you are confused about the color selection, then look at the options on the Internet. Because on the internet, you can select the best products by checking the reviews and ratings. I prefer to use manic panic because this can be applied to hair directly from the package.
2. Buy Hair Bleach
If your hair color is dark and you want to lighten the hair ends, then you have to light the tips first by bleaching. But if you already have blonde hair then there is no need to do this.
3. Extra Stuff You’ll Need
After buying hair dye and hair lighting products, there are other things that you will need. Things such as
- A comb
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Plastic bowl and brush
- Plastic hair cape
- An old t-shirt
- Rubber bands
Start The Process
1. Before starting, wear an old T-shirt or if you have a plastic cape, put it on. This can save your clothes and skin from getting stained. And if you are wearing an old T-shirt, then wrap the towel on the neck to avoid staining on the neck.
2. First, we will bleach the hair to lighten the hair tips. Do a middle parting of the hair and comb your hair well. Now tie low ponytails on both sides. Decide the section and length of hair, you want to dye. It totally depends on you how much and which part of the hair you want to dye.
3. Secure the ends of the ponytails with rubber bands. Now follow the instructions of the hair lightening product (bleach) you have purchased. Before applying bleach put on gloves and if you’re wearing any jewelry then remove it. Now apply the bleach to the sections (ends of hair) you want to color.
4. Try to apply bleach thoroughly on hair. Don’t go above the rubber band means only bleach the hair you have marked (hair ends). Once the bleach is applied, wrap the sections with foil paper.
5. Don’t keep bleach in hair for more than 20 minutes. Actually every person’s hair is a little different, so the amount of time it takes for the bleach to lift will depend on your hair color.
6. When the bleach has done its job, quickly shampoo the hair and remove it and then deep condition the hair as well. Wash only the hair under the rubber band that you have bleached. Keep the ponytails intact to follow the next step.
7. Now blow dry your hair. Once the hair is dry you are ready to move on the next step. The fun part of the game is going to start to achieve your favorite vibrant hair look.
8. Wear gloves again before start the coloring. Put the color of your choice in a bowl and apply it to your bleached hair by using a brush. Wrap the section of hair in foil paper. Repeat the same on the other side.
9. Leave the color for 45 minutes. You can do anything to pass the time, watch TV, read books, listen to music, and much more.
10. And when the time is up, put on your gloves again. Now rinse the color until the water runs clear. After that apply conditioner for smooth and shiny hair. Then blow-dry and style your hair according to your preferences.
1. Always select good quality branded hair dyes. It is better to buy more hair dye than you think you will need.
2. If your hair length is shorter than bob it may be difficult to dye hair ends at home. Then it is better to go to the professional stylist.
3. Dyed hair is more prone to damage especially thin hair so try to avoid using heat styling products as much as possible.
4. If you’re wearing any kind of jewelry such as ring, necklace, and bangle then remove it before doing this complete process.
5. Keep all the things of dyeing hair in one place so that you do not have to roam around.
6. Last but not least, maintain a healthy diet enriched with vitamins and nutrients to keep your colored hair looking at its best.
This was everything you need to know about how to dye tips of hair at home. It is completely safe to color your hair tips at home as long as you follow the directions on the product’s packaging. Please share your experience of this vibrant and funky hair experiment with us.
Love Yourself ❤️